Pages

Love... Home offices

The baby's now three months old. I (rashly? naively?) promised myself (and some editors) that I'd be back writing sometime in June. If things stay the way they are at the moment, writing more than a few lines a day seems like a distant dream.

To cheer myself up, I've begun dusting the dust off the home office. Last year, we cleaned and painted a portion of the house for a study/office and I used it until December or so after which the laptop moved closer to the bed and has stayed there after the baby has arrived.

The 'office' in the meantime became a place to store unusued stuff that was cluttering the bedroom - my suitcase, bags of clothes, baby gift boxes, a big picture frame that I had mirrored and other odds and ends.

I turned my table around yesterday to face the river - that's the way I like it. That's also the position that catches the wireless a little better :) The windows were opened and the room dusted and aired a bit. I hate putting holes into newly painted walls, so am dreaming of art work, storage space and a 'done' office space like these.

Long lines of shelving like this would give both of us space to work together without encroaching on each others work, but we don't have a wall long enough. The only long wall has a bank of windows on it...

I like the simplicity and serene-ness of this image (below). I'd need a little more work-space though...

Like this one...

and this one, I love (via HG)

and this one (love the view) Sigh. Back to the dusting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...