Pages

The Donck Residence, Goa

P1160580

I picked up the latest edition of H&E (Homes and Estates, a Goan property magazine) purely on the basis of this gorgeous cover. The magazine usually has an exterior shot of one of their featured homes on the cover. This little vignette was so refreshingly different (and so unusual for Goa) that it immediately caught my eye.

I love the distressed (rare for Goa – the land of richly polished/varnished wood) meat-safe and that it is used to store crockery. The vintage film poster is also quirky, unexpected and fits right in with the house.

The house belongs to Jennifer and Guillaume Donck, a Belgian couple now based in Goa.

The rest of the house is done up with similar finds – antiques from Belgium, almost-life size camels from Indonesia, furniture from their travels across India, artwork by Guillaume.

I’d love to take a closer look inside this home,wouldn’t you?

1 comment:

Designwali said...

Absolutely agree. I love that vintage poster on that wall! i want it for my house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...