Pages

#obsessed : Moroccan jewellery

AnIndianSummer_DecorTextileJewels10

I saw this image the other day on a post on An Indian Summer blog. And I swear I’ve never felt this way about a piece of jewellery before. I looked through the links on the blog but couldn’t trace the source. So I did what any reasonable person would do. I looked. And looked some more. I wanted to know what this was and how I could get my hands on it.

Nothing turned up.

Those silver medallions haunted my dreams though. It is so weird for me to feel such a strong affinity to something that I couldn’t shake it. Then, brainwave. I did a reverse image search – something that allows you to upload an image and the search engine finds out where else it has been spotted online. I tried several engines, but this one was the most useful.

And you know what? There’s no way this beauty will be mine.

Because this is a Moroccan necklace from the “first half of 1900 made up of many discs engraved silver spiral, punctuated by amber beads.” And it was SOLD for 3000 $ here.

At least I now know what my dream piece of jewellery looks like, so if you see something similar do let me know! You can see more of ‘my type’ of jewellery here on my Pinterest board.

Have you ever been haunted by something you spotted online?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...