Pages

Gorgeous Vintage rugs from Chairish

Have you heard of Chairish? They are an exclusive, “curator-approved online marketplace for vintage rugs and furniture.” Their site has a lovely selection of rugs, chairs, lighting, storage (ah, trunks!) and assorted items for your home.

Chairish asked me to create a style board around my favourite rug from their collection and it would have to be…

This handwoven Cochineel Dyed carpet. Why do I like it? The simple design would work well against our dark antique wooden floorboards. The white edges would contrast nicely and tie in with other accents already in our home. And I love red. Traditional Persian carpets have a lot of red too, but I am partial to this one because it is plain and not inundated with design. Our house is too full – of old furniture, of noise, of the chaos that is India – and I would welcome a moment’s respite that a quiet piece of furniture can give.

Hand Woven Cochineel Dyed Carpet

I also love this Paul Smith swirly rug (below). Aren’t the colours gorgeous?

Paul Smith Swirl Rug

Contrary to the traditional aesthetic of our early-1800s home, I would try pairing these with more contemporary furniture and art. I think that contrast is vital to creating a sense of energy and flow into the house, which can otherwise feel stuffy and boring. Gold or brass accents paired with a striking Kelly Green sofa, a bright planter and tripod lamp would make my day. Do the colours work? I think they’d do well in our home – come and see! (That gorgeous Navajo necklace is calling my name.)

chairish

All images via Chairish.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...