Pages

In my home : Light and Shadow

The best pin-pricks of light fall into our kitchen between 7 and 7.30 in the morning. From the tiles near the (now defunct) chimney, a single streak of early sun hits the attic wall. Then it begins to move, vanishing entirely in a little while. The rest of the day, the house is awash in light, but we don’t really get the kind of God’s light that makes for, well, divine photography.

So it always enthrals me to see light making its way stealthily into the house whenever it can. Here, at around 5 pm, a slightly open Dutch door in the living room brings in a flood.

IMG_9877

 

IMG_9878

In the bedroom (facing the same way as the living room, above), the windows are ablaze.

IMG_9896

I’ve got a little collection of horses going. Here, a traditional Rajasthani horse complete with mirror-work coat and harness is flanked by a vintage leather horse from Germany, which my better half used to play with as a child.

IMG_9899

All images by me.

3 comments:

Sujatha said...

Hi Chryselle! Loved this post on books and dust.. i gave away many of my own because of the dust. Seems like we have to tolerate this everywhere in India and I am like to open out the windows..., yet i manage to have an old edition of the Reader's Digest and my treasured collection of gerald Durrells. Check out my blog when you can
http://snapdecor.blogspot.in/
Cheers!
Sujatha

IBDUNIVERSAL said...

I used to be able to find good information from your articles.

Unknown said...

I like the content of this blog. I want to see such kind of lovely information. One of the most outstanding blog.
UK Largest Beds Company

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...