Pages

Happiness is a Room without a Roof

My five year old and I have a new theme song – Happy by Pharell Williams. We’re singing it around the dining table, in bed, in the bath. We’re watching different versions of it on Youtube during dinner time or when a smile turns grumpy. ‘Happy’ turns the smile right back up (for both of us).

So it is inevitable that the song stays in my head, buzzing through my ears, stomping through my deadlines. And it creeps into this blog too, bringing sunshine, warm air, breezy curtains and starry nights. Because a Room without a Roof does not literally mean that – it means your happy place, where you feel safe, loved, creative, held.

These spaces would do that for me. They’re all from my fantasy-home folder on Pinterest and I seem to be drawn to shady (in a good way!), moody rooms.

Zen Meditation Room....indoor - outdoor great space

.

sundaylatte:    perfect art mini studio. want.

layout for study 'office'

Do you have a happy place? Send me images at frangipanidecor at gmail dot com and I’d love to feature it here!

3 comments:

Deb at Nomadic Decorator said...

Oh my goodness, you are going to think I'm really crazy but I recognize that first photo! If I'm right, it's from k d lang's home and was published many years ago likely in Metropolitan Home. I remember because they showed Japanese tansu chests as nightstands flanking the bed in a bedroom. And I had to get a set of tansu chests because of the peaceful restful feeling in that home! This link says 2010 but the original story had to have been published in the late 90s or early 2000s because we lived in Minnesota from 2000-2004, and we got the tansu while living in MN: http://merryvalenzuela.com/vppdf/2010-Design100byMetropolitanHome-Lang.pdf WAY more info than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure!! I'm just happy to have something to jiggle my memory about that home and find the photos again!

Miss Frangipani said...

That is so cool! Helps to be obsessed about decor, I say. If there ever was a quiz on interiors, I'd want you on my team :)
Love that home and thanks for the link - off to check if out.

A Sunny Yellow Window said...

The first and last ones do it for me... I feel at peace just seeing these pics

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...